Chinese Hot Pot
|Flank steak||1 Pound, thinly sliced|
|Uncooked shrimp||1 Pound, shelled leaving tail on, deveined and butterflied|
|Small clams||3 Dozen, opened and left on the half shell with the dam loosened from the shell|
|Chicken breasts||2 , deboned, skinned and thinly sliced (Uncooked)|
|Fillet sole||1 Pound, thinly sliced|
|Spinach||1 Pound, washed and drained well, stems removed|
|Chinese cabbage leaves||8 Large|
|Green onions||1 Bunch (100 gm), cut into 2 1/2-inch pieces|
|Dried chinese mushrooms||15 , soaked for 1/2 hour in boiling water, stems removed and thinly sliced|
|Transparent noodles||3 Ounce, soaked in boiling water for 10 minutes and drained|
|Chicken stock||4 Quart|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon (Or As Required)|
|Hoisin sauce||1 Tablespoon (Or As Required)|
|Chili oil||1 Tablespoon (Or As Required)|
|Sesame oil||1 Tablespoon (Or As Required)|
|Hot mustard||1 Tablespoon (Or As Required, Chinese)|
|Minced garlic||1 Tablespoon (Or As Required)|
|Minced ginger||1 Tablespoon (Or As Required)|
|Coriander||1 Tablespoon (Or As Required)|
|Sugar||1 Tablespoon (Or As Required)|
1. Take platters and arrange sliced and prepared ingredients on them.
2. Arrange the place settings and place the hot pot on the table.
3. Add ginger slices to the stock and heat till the mixture starts boiling. Pour into the hot pot basin. Arrange the platters around the hot pot.
4. Bring stock to boiling again.
5. Choose a vegetable and meat/fish/poultry of your choice, cook for few seconds, dunk into dip, add noodles and simmer for 5 minutes.
6. Serve immediately.
1. Keep various condiments in small bowls on the table so that the diners can choose according to their taste.