Stuffed Chinese Cabbage Rolls
|Ground pork/Ground beef/ground beef only||5 Ounce (150 Gram)|
|Bamboo shoot||1 1⁄2 Ounce, diced (45 Gram)|
|Shiitake mushrooms/Dried mushrooms, soaked in water for 30 minutes||3 , diced|
|Corn starch/Potato starch||1 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||1⁄3 Teaspoon|
|Chinese cabbage leaves||8 , blanched, drained|
|Flour||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Carrot||1 Small, cut into julienne strips|
|Dashi broth/Consomme||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
1) In a large mixing bowl, add the ground meat, bamboo shoot, shiitake mushrooms and add the filling seasonings, blend well; shape the mixture into 8 ovals.
2) Chop off the hard portion of the cabbage leaves, place each oval mixture into each cabbage leaf and roll, insert a cocktail stick into each roll to secure.
3) In a saucepan, place the cabbage rolls, carrot strips, dashi broth, soy sauce, sugar, sake, and salt.
4) Cover the saucepan with an aluminium foil and simmer over medium heat for about 15 min.
5) Garnish with carrot strips over the sauce and serve immediately.