Deep Fried Carp With Sweet And Sour Sauce
|Whole carp/Perch/grouper/snapper/bream||2 Pound (1 Kilogram)|
|Cornflour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
|Tomato paste||3 Tablespoon|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|White rice vinegar||2 Teaspoon|
|Frozen green peas||1 Tablespoon, Defrosted (Heaped)|
|Cornflour||1 Teaspoon, blended with water|
1) Clean and scale the fish.
2) Carefully remove the flesh from both sides of the fish, keeping the head, backbone and tail intact.
3) Leave the skin on the fish fillets but remove all bones carefully.
4) On a chopping board, put the fish fillet.
5) With a sharp knife, carefully cut diagonally.
6) Turn the fish and cut diagonal lines across those already made to form a diamond pattern.
Cut the fish fillets into pieces about 6 cm x 2 cm (2 1/2 in x 3/4 in) and set aside.
7) In a wok, deep fry the fish fillet until it turn golden brown.
8) Sprinkle the fish skeleton on both sides with corn flour, shaking to remove any excess.
9) Deep fry the skeleton until lightly brown and crisp, then drain and arrange on a serving plate.
10) Dip the prepared pieces of fish in cornflour, shaking to remove any excess, then deep fry in the same hot oil until crisp and golden brown.
11) Drain and arrange on top of the fish skeleton.
12) Tip the oil out of the wok and add all sauce ingredients, except cornflour.
13) Bring to the boil, lower heat, then thicken with cornflour.
14) Taste and add more vinegar, if liked.
15) Add sauce and serve.