Healthy Eating - Super Charged Yakisoba
|Savoy cabbage||1⁄2 , shredded|
|Brussel sprouts||1 Cup (16 tbs), shredded|
|Onion||1 Medium, shredded|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), shredded|
|Jalapenos||1 , shredded (Optional)|
|Mung bean sprouts||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Carrots||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), shredded|
|Soba noodles||200 Gram (cooked according to package direction)|
|Lean chicken tenderloin||200 Gram|
|Crimini mushrooms||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Sesame seeds||2 Tablespoon|
|Water||5 Tablespoon, divided|
|Sesame oil||2 Tablespoon, divided|
|Light soy sauce||3 Tablespoon|
|Eggs||1 , beaten|
|Ginger powder||1 Tablespoon (or 1/2 tablespoon fresh ginger)|
|Dried shallot||1 Teaspoon|
|Green onions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Kizami shoga pickled ginger||1 Tablespoon|
1. In a large wok, pour in 4 tbsp. water and add in savoy cabbage, Brussels sprouts, onion, garlic and jalapeno. Sweat for a few minutes and set aside.
2. In a pan, heat 1 tbsp. of water and ½ tbsp. sesame oil. Add in the chicken tenderloins and cook until done. Slice the noodles and set aside.
3. In another pan boil the water and cook soba noodles for 1 – 2 minutes.
4. Drain the noodles and place in a bowl. Let it cool for 5 minutes.
5. Mix eggs into the noodles. Into the same pan in which chicken has been cooked place the noodles and cook until brown from 1 side.
6. Flip the noodles and cook on the other side. Set aside.
7. Into the wok, add in the noodles, veggies, mung bean sprouts, crimini mushrooms, shrimp, sesame seeds, chicken, ginger powder and soy sauce and sesame oil mixture. Stir fry for a few minutes until everything is cooked through.
8. Garnish the noodles with green onions, dried shallot and serve with kizami shoga pickled ginger.