Chinese Chop Suey
|Chopped cooked meat||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Chicken, Pork, Veal Or Beef)|
|Consomme||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Canned chinese vegetables||29 Ounce (One No 2 Can Or 2 1/4 Cup)|
|Peanut oil/Salad oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Take a bowl and chop up the meat, celery and onions in it.
2) Add a cup of consommé, sugar, soy sauce and pepper and mix well.
3) Drain the vegetables properly.
4) Take a blazer pan and heat oil in it.
5) Add meat and cook quickly until browned.
6) Add celery and onions and cook 5 minutes.
7) Put the seasoned consommé in and heat thoroughly.
8) Add the vegetables and bring to a boil.
9) Stir the cornstarch in along with rest of the consommé (1/4 cups) .
10) Keep cooking for 5 minutes.
11) Place over hot water to keep warm.
12) Serve as required.