Chinese Almond Cakes
|Sifted flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Shortening||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Almond extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Blanched almonds||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Sieve flour, sugar, salt and baking powder together.
3. Add shortening in the mixture and blend using a pastry blender or 2 knives until it achieves a corn meal consistency.
4. Put egg, water and almond extract and mix well.
5. Let the mixture be blended in such a way that it does not remain on the sides of mixing bowl.
6. Knead into a dough using the hands.
7. Refrigerate for an hour.
8. Make small walnut sized balls.
9. Level the balls to make it appear like discs with thickness of ¼ inch.
10. Top the cookies with an almond and bake for 20 – 25 minutes.
11. Serve in a dish.