Chinese Style Spareribs
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), finely chopped|
|Mushroom mix/Beefy onion soup mix||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Canned tomato puree||16 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|White vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chili sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Spareribs||5 Pound (Country-Style Or Back Ribs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 375ºF
2. Line a large shallow roasting pan or broiler rack with aluminum foil.
3. In a heavy bottom saucepan, melt the butter over medium flame.
4. When the butter starts foaming, add the garlic and the soup mix and sauté till garlic is lightly browned.
5. Add the other ingredients except the ribs and stir to blend.
6. Bring the sauce to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent the sauce from sticking to the pan.
7. Remove pan off the heat and set aside for later use.
8. Assemble the spareribs in the roasting pan.
9. Place the ribs in the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
10. Remove the pan from the oven and generously pour the prepared sauce over the ribs.
11. Return the pan to the oven and bake the ribs for another 50-60 minutes till the meat is tender. Baste the ribs with the sauce in the pan while cooking.
12. Place the ribs on a serving platter and spoon the sauce from the pan over them.
13. Serve them hot.
Calories 790 Calories from Fat 563
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 63 g96.7%
Saturated Fat 26 g130%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 200.2 mg66.7%
Sodium 572.7 mg23.9%
Total Carbohydrates 15 g5.1%
Dietary Fiber 0.98 g3.9%
Sugars 12.6 g
Protein 39 g78.7%
Vitamin A 10.7% Vitamin C 8.8%
Calcium 9.3% Iron 16.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet