Steamed Chinese Cabbage
|Chinese cabbage heads||3 , cut crosswise into fine shreds|
|Boiling water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Take a large stock pot and combine cabbage, water, and salt.
2. Cover pot with its lid and place on a medium low flame.
3. Simmer cabbage for 7-9 minutes until soft with a bit of crunch left.
4. Drain the excess water from the pot.
5. Sprinkle pepper over cabbage and slide butter into the pan.
6. Toss in the pan and heat for 1-2 minutes until butter melts to coat the cabbage.
7. Serve the hot buttered cabbage along with stir fried meats, rice or noodles. You can also use it as a stuffing for dumplings.