Chinese Tea Cookies
|Packed brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Snipped crystallized ginger||1 Tablespoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Orange juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Whole wheat pastry flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped sun dried dates||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2) Grease a cookie sheet with baking spray or oil.
3) Use a large, clean and grease free glass bowl.
4) Cream the butter, oil and sugar very well until well aerated and creamy in texture.
5) Dissolve the soda in the orange juice and stir into the creamed mixture.
6) Gradually add the flour constantly stirring to blend the ingredients.
7) Coat the dates with a little flour before adding to the batter.
8) Drop leveled tablespoons of the batter on the greased cookie sheet, 2 inches apart from each other.
9) Garnish each cookie with a few candied ginger pieces.
10) Bake the cookies in the preheated oven for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned.
11) Remove the cookies from the oven and allow them to cool slightly before serving with tea.
12) Store the cookies in an air tight jar.