Chicken Chop Suey With Almonds
|Chopped green pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Shredded cooked chicken||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped celery with leaves||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Canned bean sprouts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chicken broth||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Blanched slivered almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), toasted|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Sauteed mushrooms||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) In a saucepan sauté green pepper and onion in butter for 3 minutes.
2) Add chicken and cook for 3 minutes.
3) Add celery, bean sprouts and 1/4 cup broth.
4) Blend broth and flour and mix into chicken.
5) Boil and stir constantly. Add almonds, soy sauce and mushrooms.
6) On a plate serve with hot rice.