1) In a large saucepan, bring the water to boil, put the broccoli florets and cook for 1 minute. Then drain them well and keep aside.
2) In a large preheated wok, heat the sunflower oil and stir-fry the onion and garlic until they just begin to brown.
3) Stir in the drained broccoli florets and the flaked almonds and stir-fry for a further 2-3 minutes.
4) Then add the Chinese leaves to the wok mixture and stir-fry for a further 2 minutes.
5) Stir the black bean sauce into the vegetables in the wok, mix well and cook until the juices just begin to bubble.
6) Spoon the vegetables in the warm serving bowls and serve immediately.