1. In a pot fill water and bring to boil with some salt. Add the homemade noodles and cook till done.
2. Drain in a colander and rinse in cold water. Set aside.
3. In a skillet or frying pan, add butter and toast the almonds till light brown. Set aside.
4. In a large bowl, add the cabbage, iceberg lettuce, scallion and apricots.
5. Put in the cooked noodles and mix well by tossing.
6. In another small bowl, add olive oil, rice vinegar, soy sauce, dark sesame oil, sugar and black pepper. Whisk them well till combined.
7. Pour this dressing over the salad and toss well to mix and incorporate the dressing to coat all ingredients.
8. Add the toasted almonds and mix well.
9. In a serving plate, serve the salad with choice of bread or as it is.
Robin is at Chinatown, SF and this inspires her to cook up a typical chop chop salad from the country. Its easy, yummy and sets tone for an authentic Chinese meal. This is a must watch video if you like salads that use a very good mix of vegetables.