Pork Chow Mein
|Lean pork||3 Pound, cubed|
|Diced celery||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Diced onion||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Canned bean sprouts||16 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Canned bamboo shoots||8 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Canned sliced water chestnuts||8 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cornstarch||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Canned chinese noodles||3 Ounce (1 Can)|
1) In a bowl, dissolve cornstarch in ½ cup water. Make a smooth mixture and set it aside.
2) Place a Dutch oven over heat and add oil.
3) Add pork, celery and onion to sauté until nicely browned.
4) Cover with a lid and reduce heat to low for simmering the pork for 45 to 55 minutes or until it turns tender. Discard the drippings.
5) Add bean sprouts, bamboo shoots, water chestnuts, 2 cups of water and soy sauce into the pork mixture. Stir well and bring to a boil by increasing heat.
6) Reduce heat to low and gradually add the cornstarch mixture to the pork mixture.
7) Keep on stirring until it becomes thick and bubbly.
8) Serve hot over bed of rice and if you wish, use noodles for garnishing.
Calories 550 Calories from Fat 194
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g33.8%
Saturated Fat 5.6 g28%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 154.2 mg51.4%
Sodium 2677.8 mg111.6%
Total Carbohydrates 34 g11.5%
Dietary Fiber 6 g24%
Sugars 9.2 g
Protein 55 g110.9%
Vitamin A 6.8% Vitamin C 28.7%
Calcium 53.7% Iron 45.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet