Chinese Green Pepper Steak
|Round steak||1 Pound|
|Ground ginger||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Onion||1 Large, thinly sliced|
|Green peppers||2 , cut in one inch squares|
|Salad oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Soya sauce||6 Tablespoon|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Monosodium glutamate||1 Teaspoon|
|Cooked rice||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
1) Take the meat and cut it into thin strips.
2) Take a bowl and mix honey, ginger as well as 2 tablespoons of soya sauce.
3) Marinate the beef in the sauce.
4) Take a pan and heat up 2 tablespoons of salad oil.
5) Stir fry the green pepper and onions over medium heat for 3-4 minutes.
6) Take another frying pan and heat up the remaining oil.
7) Sear the drained meat over high heat by placing it in hot oil.
8) Add the mixture of onions and green peppers to it.
9) Add the remaining 4 tablespoons of soya sauce, cornstarch and water to the meat and mix well.
10) Cook it over a low flame for 5 minutes.
11) Check the seasoning before serving it with Chinese fried rice.
Calories 738 Calories from Fat 223
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g38.6%
Saturated Fat 4.6 g23.2%
Trans Fat 0.3 g
Cholesterol 46 mg15.3%
Sodium 1724.1 mg71.8%
Total Carbohydrates 92 g30.7%
Dietary Fiber 3.7 g14.7%
Sugars 8.6 g
Protein 33 g66.5%
Vitamin A 5.6% Vitamin C 110.2%
Calcium 5.9% Iron 32.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet