Killarney Hot Pot
|Pork belly||8 Ounce, cut into pieces|
|Brisket||1 Pound, cut into pieces|
|Chopped rosemary/1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary||2 Teaspoon|
|Potatoes||1 1⁄2 Pound, thinly sliced|
|Onions||1 Pound, thinly sliced|
|Carrots||3 Large, sliced|
|Tomatoes||8 Ounce, skinned and sliced|
|Ale||5⁄8 Cup (10 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to 325°F, Gas Mark 3.
2) Combine the meat, rosemary and seasoning.
3) Take a casserole and place about one-third of the potato slices in the bottom of it.
4) Place the second layer of potatoes after adding half the onions, carrots and tomatoes and half the meat.
5) Add salt and pepper to each layer of vegetables.
6) Add in the left over meat and vegetables and the brown ale.
7) Top with remaining potato slices in a neat overlapping design.
8) Use small pieces of butter or margarine to dot the top.
9) Bake in the oven for about 2 hours or until the meat is soft.
10) After the first 15 minutes, place the lid on the casserole (as this allows melting the butter or margarine first thereby preventing the lid from sticking).
11) For the last 20 minutes remove it again to allow the potatoes to brown and crisp.
12) Serve hot.