Chicken Chow Mein
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), crushed|
|Gingerroot||1 Tablespoon, grated|
|Red chili||1 , deseeded and chopped|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Tomato puree||2 Tablespoon|
|Chicken breasts||2 , cut into chunky strips|
|Dried egg noodles||600 Gram (3 Blocks)|
|Broccoli head||1⁄2 , broken into florets|
|Carrots||3 , cut into thin sticks|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Bean sprout||300 Gram (300 Gram Pack)|
|Spring onions||3 , halved and sliced into long strips|
|Oyster sauce||1 Tablespoon|
1) In a bowl, make the marinade by add the garlic, ginger, chili, soy sauce and tomato puree. Stir well.
2) Add the chicken to the marinade and allow it to marinate while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
3) Ina large pan, boil water. Then, put in the noodles, broccoli and carrots. Simmer for 4 minutes till they are cooked. Then, remove from heat and drain.
4) In a wok, heat the vegetable oil. Add in the chicken and its marinade. Stir fry the chicken for about 4 to 5 minutes till it is cooked.
5) Add in the noodles, vegetables, bean sprouts and spring onions and give it a toss. Let the to warm through.
6) Just before serving, pour in the oyster sauce along with 2 tablespoons of water. Give it a stir.
7) Serve warm in individual plates or noodle bowls.