Chinese Sweet and Sour Pork
|Pork lion||1 Pound, chop (into bite size pieces)|
|Cooking oil||3 Cup (48 tbs) (For deep frying)|
|For the batter|
|All-purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|For the sauce|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Chop the pork lion into bite size pieces, set aside.
2. In a bowl combine all-purpose flour, water, egg and salt, mix everything well until you get a smooth batter, set the batter aside for 1 hour.
3. Once the batter is ready dip the pork lion into the batter coat it well and begin to deep fry them.
4. Set the heat to 380-390 degree, pour oil and deep fry the pork lion for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
5. Place the pork on the strainer and let the excess oil drain out.
6. In another pot pour combine sugar, vinegar, soy sauce, water and cornstarch, cook over medium high heat, until the sauce has thickened.
7. Pour the sauce over the pork.
8. Serve the sweet and sour pork along with steamed rice or noodles.
Calories 804 Calories from Fat 356
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 40 g61.5%
Saturated Fat 8.3 g41.7%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 167.2 mg55.7%
Sodium 1306 mg54.4%
Total Carbohydrates 69 g23%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g4.9%
Sugars 33.7 g
Protein 39 g78.6%
Vitamin A 1.8% Vitamin C
Calcium 3.1% Iron 18.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet