Chicken Chop Suey
|Broiler fryer chicken breasts||2|
|Salad oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chicken bouillon||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Canned sliced mushrooms||6 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Sliced celery||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Diagonally)|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Cold water||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Toasted slivered almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sliced green onions||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Hot cooked rice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Have butcher bone chicken breasts. Remove skin. Cut chicken meat into 1/2 inch chunks.
2. Heat salad oil in skillet over medium heat. Add salt and chicken chunks and cook, stirring frequently, until lightly browned.
3. Add chicken bouillon and undrained mushrooms to chicken. Add sliced celery. Cover with vac-control valve closed. Lower heat and simmer 10 minutes or just until celery is crisply tender.
4. Meanwhile blend together cornstarch, soy sauce and cold water. Pour into liquid in skillet and cook, stirring constantly, until the liquid becomes clear and thickens and chicken mixture is very hot.
5. Arrange on a heated serving platter. Sprinkle top with slivered almonds and onions. Serve with hot cooked rice and pass soy sauce.