Simple Chicken Chow Mein
|Noodles||12 Ounce (350 Gram)|
|Skinless boneless chicken breasts||8 Ounce (225 Gram)|
|Soy sauce||45 Milliliter (3 Tablespoon)|
|Rice wine/Dry sherry||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Dark sesame oil||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Vegetable oil||60 Milliliter (4 Tablespoon)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), finely chopped|
|Mangetouts||2 Ounce, topped and tailed (50 Gram)|
|Bean sprout||4 Ounce (115 Gram)|
|Ham||2 Ounce, finely shredded (50 Gram)|
|Onions spring||4 , finely chopped|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
1. Cook the noodles in a saucepan of boiling water until tender. Drain, rinse under cold water and drain well.
2. Slice the chicken into fine shreds about 5cm/2in in length. Place in a bowl and add 10ml/2 tsp of the soy sauce, the nee wine or sherry and sesame oil.
3. Heat half the vegetable oil in a wok or large frying pan over a high heat. When it starts smoking, add the chicken mixture. Stir-fry for 2 minutes, then transfer the chicken to a plate and keep it hot.
4. Wipe the wok clean and heat the remaining oil. Stir in the garlic, mange-touts, beansprouts and ham, stir-fry for another minute or so and add the noodles.
5. Continue to stir-fry until the noodles are heated through. Add the remaining soy sauce to taste and season with salt and pepper. Return the chicken and any juices to the noodle mixture, add the chopped spring onions and give the mixture a final stir. Serve at once.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2430 Calories from Fat 839
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 95 g146%
Saturated Fat 15.3 g76.7%
Trans Fat 0.3 g
Cholesterol 456.4 mg152.1%
Sodium 3197 mg133.2%
Total Carbohydrates 266 g88.7%
Dietary Fiber 17.1 g68.5%
Sugars 15.6 g
Protein 123 g245.6%
Vitamin A 30% Vitamin C 110.5%
Calcium 26.9% Iron 71.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet