Chinese Beef and Vegetables
|Round steak||1 Pound|
|Salad oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Green pepper strips||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Thinly sliced celery||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sliced fresh mushrooms||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Coarsely chopped onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Canned bean sprouts||1 Pound, drained (1 Can)|
|Canned water chestnuts||5 Ounce, drained and sliced (1 Can)|
|Cornstarch||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Bouillon||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
1. Cut steak diagonally across the grain into very thin slices, then cut into strips 2 inches long.
2. Heat salad oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Add meat and brown well on all sides.
3. Add green peppers, celery, mushrooms, onion, bean sprouts, water chestnuts, salt, ginger, and pepper. Cook, stirring constantly, just until tender, about 3 minutes.
4. Blend together cornstarch, bouillon, and soy sauce. Stir into mixture and cook, stirring constantly, until smooth and mixture comes to a boil.
5. Serve immediately with hot cooked rice and additional soy sauce.