The Chinese red cooked pork is a delicate and exotic preparation of pork, which you can serve with warm rice or on a bed of noodles. In this dish, you can also add some vegetables and nuts like celery, onion, peanuts, waterchestnuts, almonds, if you desire.
1⁄2 Pound, cut into small pieces
2 Tablespoon, sliced
2 Clove (10 gm)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
1) In a bowl, combine pork, cornstarch, soy sauce and sugar.
2) Let the meat get marinated for 5-10 minutes.
3) Heat up a wok or frying pan at 400F and add cooking oil to get hot.
4) Add the garlic, ginger and green onion to hot oil.
5) Saute these for a while and add the meat.
6) Stir-fry the ingredients for 5-7 minutes or until done.
7) Pour in the chicken stock and add oyster sauce, dark soy sauce and hoisin sauce.
8) Cook until the meat is nice and tender.
9) Season with more salt, if required.
10) Serve the preparation on warm rice.
The Chinese red cooked pork is an amazing pork preparation. Makes a delicious meal when served with warm rice or noodles. The recipe is so simple with a perfect blend of authentic chinese flavors and a scrumptious taste. Give this easy recipe a try after a busy day at work and you are surely bound to enjoy!