General Tso's Chicken
|Green onions stalks||2 Medium, chop (chop into 2 inch)|
|Garlic||3 Small, finely chopped|
|Garlic pieces||2 Small, finely chopped|
|Chicken breast boneless skinless||1 Pound, dice|
|All-purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cooking oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Sesame seeds||1 Tablespoon|
|Cooking oil||3 Cup (48 tbs) (For deep frying)|
|For the sauce|
|Chicken stock||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Rice vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Hoisin sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Sesame oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Dark soy sauce||1 Tablespoon (Optional)|
1. In a bowl combine chicken stock, sugar, rice vinegar, hoisin sauce, sesame oil. Cornstarch and dark soy mix until sugar is dissolved.
2. Cut the green onions into 2 inch pieces; finely chop the garlic and ginger, set aside.
3. In a bowl combine chicken breast with egg, coat the chicken pieces in the flour.
4. Preheat the oil in a wok to 375 – 400 degree, once the oil is hot deep fry the chicken pieces until golden brown.
5. Once done remove and place the chicken on the paper towel lined plate and drain the excess oil.
6. In another wok heat the oil on high heat, sauté the green onions, garlic and ginger, sauté until everything is cooked, add the sauce and stir well and the sauce reaches soft boil.
7. Add the chicken and stir fry everything well, coat the chicken with the sauce, sprinkle sesame seeds and mix.
8. Serve the general tso’s chicken with hot steamed rice.
Calories 1208 Calories from Fat 625
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 71 g108.9%
Saturated Fat 10.9 g54.4%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 238.4 mg79.5%
Sodium 733.6 mg30.6%
Total Carbohydrates 76 g25.4%
Dietary Fiber 3.4 g13.5%
Sugars 18.9 g
Protein 65 g130.3%
Vitamin A 6.4% Vitamin C 13.9%
Calcium 15.1% Iron 36.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet