|Plain flour||5 Ounce (150 Grams / 1 1/4 Cup)|
|Boiling water||2 Fluid Ounce (50 Milliliter / 1/4 Cup)|
|Cold water||25 Milliliter (1 1/2 Tablespoon)|
|Vegetable oil||7 1⁄2 Milliliter (1/2 Tablespoon)|
|Minced pork||3 Ounce (75 Gram)|
|Canned chopped bamboo shoots||45 Milliliter (3 Tablespoon)|
|Light soy sauce||7 1⁄2 Milliliter (1/2 Tablespoon)|
|Dry sherry||1 Teaspoon|
|Demerara sugar||1 Teaspoon|
|Sesame oil||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Iceberg lettuce||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced|
1. To make the dough, sift the flour into a bowl. Stir in the boiling water, then the cold water together with the oil. Mix to form a dough and knead until smooth.
2. Divide the mixture into 16 equal pieces and shape into circles.
3. For the filling, mix together the pork, bamboo shoots, soy sauce, dry sherry, sugar and oil.
4. Add the cornflour and stir well until thoroughly combined.
5. Place a little of the filling in the centre of each dim sum circle. Pinch the edges of the dough together to form little "purses".
6. Line a steamer with a damp tea towel. Place the dim sum in the steamer and steam for 5-10 minutes. Arrange the lettuce leaves on four individual serving plates, top with the dim sum and serve with soy sauce, spring onion curls, sliced red chilli and prawn crackers.