|Flank steak||2 Pound|
|Salad oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), finely chopped|
|Soy sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Noncaloric liquid sweetener||3 Drop|
|Green peppers||2 Large|
|Tomatoes||2 Medium, quartered|
|Canned bean sprouts||1 Pound, drained (1 Can)|
1. Slice beef, across grain, into thin strips.
2. In hot oil in large, heavy skillet, over high heat, saute beef with garlic, salt, pepper, and ginger until browned all over—5 minutes.
3. Add soy sauce and sweetener; cook, covered, 5 minutes.
4. Remove seeds and ribs from peppers. Cut peppers into 1-inch strips; add, with tomatoes and bean sprouts, to beef.
5. Bring to boiling; cook, covered and over high heat, 5 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, make a smooth paste of cornstarch and 1/4 cup water. Stir into beef mixture; bring to boiling, stirring.
7. Serve on fluffy white rice.