Chinese Pepper Steak
|Round steak||1 Pound|
|Salad oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Coarsely chopped onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Bite size pieces green pepper||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Bouillon||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Hot cooked rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Cut steak diagonally across the grain into thin slices, then cut into strips about 2 inches long.
2. Heat salad oil in skillet over medium heat. Place garlic clove and meat in oil and cook over medium heat, turning as needed, until browned. Remove garlic and discard.
3. Add onion, green pepper, salt, pepper and ginger. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until just tender.
4. Combine cornstarch with stock and soy sauce. Stir into mixture in skillet. Bring to a boil and cook, stirring constantly, until mixture becomes thick and clear.
5. Serve immediately over hot cooked rice.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1726 Calories from Fat 850
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 94 g145.3%
Saturated Fat 17.8 g89.1%
Trans Fat 1 g
Cholesterol 184 mg61.3%
Sodium 4271.6 mg178%
Total Carbohydrates 106 g35.2%
Dietary Fiber 13.8 g55%
Sugars 15.3 g
Protein 109 g217.2%
Vitamin A 35.6% Vitamin C 658.5%
Calcium 16.6% Iron 51%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet