Chinese Pepper Steak
|Round steak||1 Pound|
|Salad oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Coarsely chopped onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Bite size pieces green pepper||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Bouillon||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Hot cooked rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Cut steak diagonally across the grain into thin slices, then cut into strips about 2 inches long.
2. Heat salad oil in skillet over medium heat. Place garlic clove and meat in oil and cook over medium heat, turning as needed, until browned. Remove garlic and discard.
3. Add onion, green pepper, salt, pepper and ginger. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until just tender.
4. Combine cornstarch with stock and soy sauce. Stir into mixture in skillet. Bring to a boil and cook, stirring constantly, until mixture becomes thick and clear.
5. Serve immediately over hot cooked rice.