Three Sea Flavours Stir-Fry
|Scallops||4 Large (With Corals)|
|White fish fillet||8 Ounce (225 Gram Of Firm Fillet Such As Monkfish Or Cod)|
|Tiger prawns||4 Ounce (115 Gram)|
|Fish stock||1⁄2 Pint (300 Milliliter /1 1/4 Cups)|
|Vegetable oil||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), coarsely chopped|
|Fresh root ginger||2 Inch, thinly sliced|
|Spring onions||8 , cut into 4 cm/1 1/2 in pieces|
|Rice wine||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
|Corn flour||5 Milliliter (1 Teaspoon)|
|Water||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Freshly ground white pepper||To Taste|
1. Separate the corals from the scallops and slice each scallop in half horizontally. Cut the fish fillet into bite-size chunks. Peel and devein the tiger prawns.
2. Bring the fish stock to the boil in a saucepan. Add the seafood, lower the heat and poach gently for 1-2 minutes, until the fish, scallops and corals are just firm and the prawns have turned pink. Drain the fish and seafood, reserving about 60ml/4 tbsp of the stock, and set aside.
3. Heat the oil in a preheated wok or large frying pan. Add the garlic, ginger and spring onions and stir-fry for a few seconds.
4. Add the seafood and wine and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add the reserved stock and simmer for 2 minutes.
5. Mix together the cornflour and water to a smooth paste. Add the mixture to the wok or pan and cook, stirring gently, until the sauce thickens.
6. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Transfer to a serving dish and serve immediately with noodles.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 716 Calories from Fat 213
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g37%
Saturated Fat 2.9 g14.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 394.5 mg131.5%
Sodium 1603.2 mg66.8%
Total Carbohydrates 24 g8%
Dietary Fiber 3.8 g15%
Sugars 3 g
Protein 94 g188.8%
Vitamin A 25.9% Vitamin C 52.5%
Calcium 27.8% Iron 15%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet