Sauteed Sesame Fish
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Halibut/Sea bass/red snapper fillets||2 Pound (Four Pieces, 3/4 To 1 Inch Thick, Choose Firm Variety)|
|Fine unseasoned dry bread crumbs||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Sesame seeds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Unsalted butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon||1 , cut into wedges|
1. In a bowl, combine the flour, salt, and pepper. Dredge the fish lightly in the seasoned flour.
2. In a shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs and sesame seeds. In another shallow bowl, blend the egg with the milk.
3. Dip the fish into the egg mixture, then into the bread crumb mixture, turning to coat the fish completely.
4. In a large skillet, warm the oil with the butter over medium-high heat. When the butter and oil begin to foam, add the fish steaks and cook them until golden brown, about 5 minutes per side.
5. Serve the fish hot with the lemon wedges.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2672 Calories from Fat 1808
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 203 g312.1%
Saturated Fat 45.3 g226.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 694.7 mg231.6%
Sodium 2991.2 mg124.6%
Total Carbohydrates 61 g20.2%
Dietary Fiber 8.6 g34.2%
Sugars 3.3 g
Protein 151 g301.8%
Vitamin A 31% Vitamin C 74.9%
Calcium 42.9% Iron 76.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet