Pork and Vegetable Stew Chinese
|Pork fat||2 Tablespoon, melted|
|Lean pork||3⁄4 Pound (Raw)|
|Diced celery||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sliced onions||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Boiling water/Chicken broth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Fresh mushrooms/1 cup canned mushrooms||1⁄4 Pound, sliced|
|Cold water||2 Tablespoon|
|Canned bean sprouts||29 Ounce (1 Can, 2 1/2 Size)|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
1. Heat the pork fat in a large frying pan. Cut the lean pork into thin strips or small cubes and brown it in the fat, stirring it 5 or 6 minutes.
2. Add the celery, onions, boiling water or chicken broth. Cover and simmer 10 minutes.
3. Add the mushrooms, cover and simmer.
4. Blend the cornstarch with the cold water to make a smooth paste and stir this paste into the liquid and the cooking vegetables and meat. Continue to cook and stir 10 minutes.
5. Then add the bean sprouts, salt, sugar, soy sauce, pepper and paprika and heat for 3 minutes.