Chinese Special Fried Rice
|Long grain rice||6 Ounce (175 Gram, Scant 1 Cup)|
|Groundnut oil||45 Milliliter (3 Tablespoon)|
|Water||12 Fluid Ounce (350 Milliliter, 1 1/2 Cups)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Onions spring||4 , finely chopped|
|Cooked chicken||4 Ounce, diced (115 Gram)|
|Cooked prawns||4 Ounce, peeled (115 Gram)|
|Frozen peas||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Egg||1 , lightly beaten|
|Lettuce||2 Ounce, shredded (50 Gram)|
|Light soy sauce||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
|Caster sugar||1 Pinch|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Roasted cashew nuts||15 Milliliter, chopped (To Garnish, 1 Tablespoon)|
1. Rinse the rice in two to three changes of warm water to wash away some of the starch. Dram well.
2. Put the rice in a saucepan and add 15ml/1 tbsp of the oil and the water. Cover and bring to the boil, stir once, then cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes, until nearly all the water has been absorbed. Turn off the heat and leave, covered, to stand for 1.0 minutes. Fluff up with a fork and leave to cool.
3. Heat the remaining oil in a preheated wok or frying pan, add the garlic and spring onions and stir-fry for 30 seconds.
4. Add the chicken, prawns and peas and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes, then add the cooked rice and stir-fry for a further 2 minutes. Pour in the egg and stir-fry until just set. Stir in the lettuce, soy sauce, sugar and seasoning.
5. Transfer to a warmed serving bowl, sprinkle with the chopped cashew nuts and serve immediately.