Chinese Chicken Soup
|Cooked chicken||8 Ounce (225 Gram)|
|Onions spring||6 , trimmed and diagonally sliced|
|Red chili||1 , deseeded and finely chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), peeled and crushed|
|Ginger root||1 Inch, peeled and finely grated|
|Chicken stock||1 3⁄4 Pint (1 Liter)|
|Medium egg noodles||5 Ounce (150 Gram)|
|Carrot||1 , peeled and cut into matchsticks|
|Bean sprout||4 Ounce (125 Gram)|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Fish sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Coriander leaves||1 Tablespoon (To Garnish)|
1. Remove any skin from the chicken. Place on a chopping board and use two forks to tear the chicken into fine shreds.
2. Heat the oil in a large saucepan and fry the spring onions and chilli for 1 minute.
3. Add the garlic and ginger and cook for another minute.
4. Stir in the chicken stock and gradually bring the mixture to the boil.
5. Break up the noodles a little and add to the boiling stock with the carrot.
6. Stir to mix, then reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for 3-4 minutes.
7. Add the shredded chicken, beansprouts, soy sauce and fish sauce and stir.
8. Cook for a further 2-3 minutes until piping hot. Ladle the soup into bowls and sprinkle with the coriander leaves. Serve immediately.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1514 Calories from Fat 451
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 51 g77.8%
Saturated Fat 13.1 g65.4%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 321.2 mg107.1%
Sodium 4304.2 mg179.3%
Total Carbohydrates 156 g52.1%
Dietary Fiber 11.7 g47%
Sugars 27.4 g
Protein 106 g212.8%
Vitamin A 253.3% Vitamin C 95.6%
Calcium 23.7% Iron 60%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet