1. In a pot over medium high heat, heat oil and saute ginger for about 10 seconds or until light brown in color.
2. Put the vegetables and saute for 10 seconds.
3. Add all the remaining ingredients and water, raise the heat and bring it to a boil.
4. Once it starts boiling, reduce the heat and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.
5. Serve hot garnished with some chopped green onions.
This chinese crabmeat soup is easy to prepare and very comforting. Relax and enjoy this healthy soup that is just right on a cold winter night. Being mildly flavored this soup has a very soothing effect. The chef has presented this recipe in a simple manner so that it can be easily prepared at home with readily available ingredients.