Chinese Omelette Cakes
|Green beans||1⁄2 Pound, tipped and cut into 1/2 inch pieces|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Canned chopsuey vegetables||1 Pound, drained (1 Can)|
|Dried beef||2 Ounce, shredded|
1. Saute beans quickly in 1 tablespoon of butter or margarine in a large, heavy skillet 3 to 4 minutes Pour the water and soy sauce over; cover; cook for 5 minutes, or until crisply tender and the liquid is absorbed.
2. Beat eggs slightly in medium-size bowl; stir in cooked beans, chop-suey vegetables, dried beef and pepper.
3. Melt part of remaining 2 tablespoons butter or margarine in same skillet. Drop egg mixture, a generous tablespoonful at a time, into heated pan to make 2-inch cakes. (Scoop mixture from bottom of bowl, as beef and vegetables sink.) Let each cake set slightly before adding another so they won't run together during cooking.
4. Bake until egg on top appears dry; turn; brown other side. Repeat to make 24 cakes, adding more butter as needed between each batch.
5. As cakes are cooked, stack on a plate; cover them and keep warm over saucepan of simmering water. Serve plain or with more soy sauce.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1230 Calories from Fat 601
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 68 g104.1%
Saturated Fat 33 g164.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1410.4 mg470.1%
Sodium 2973 mg123.9%
Total Carbohydrates 82 g27.3%
Dietary Fiber 18.2 g73%
Sugars 27.6 g
Protein 71 g142.1%
Vitamin A 178% Vitamin C 25.3%
Calcium 27.8% Iron 39.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet