Easy Shrimp Toasts
|Shrimp||1 Pound, shelled and deveined|
|Water chestnuts||4 , finely chopped|
|Green onion||1 , finely chopped|
|Fresh ginger root||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Sesame oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Sake/Dry sherry||1 Teaspoon|
|Egg white||1 , beaten until foamy|
|Cold water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sandwich bread slice||12 , crusts trimmed|
|Vegetable oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
1. In a food processor or blender, combine shrimp, water chestnuts, green onion, ginger and sesame oil. Add sake or sherry and salt. Process with four to five on/off motions until finely chopped. Add egg white and blend.
2. Dissolve cornstarch in water and blend into shrimp mixture
3. Spread shrimp mixture on bread slices. Cut each slice of bread into four triangles.
4. Freeze or refrigerate until just before serving.
5. In a deep fryer or deep skillet, heat oil to 375°F (190°C). Slip bread triangles into oil shrimp side down. Cook 1 to 2 minutes and turn. Cook 1 minute more, until bread is golden.
6. Remove from oil, drain on paper towel.