Easy Shrimp Toasts
|Shrimp||1 Pound, shelled and deveined|
|Water chestnuts||4 , finely chopped|
|Green onion||1 , finely chopped|
|Fresh ginger root||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Sesame oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Sake/Dry sherry||1 Teaspoon|
|Egg white||1 , beaten until foamy|
|Cold water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sandwich bread slice||12 , crusts trimmed|
|Vegetable oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
1. In a food processor or blender, combine shrimp, water chestnuts, green onion, ginger and sesame oil. Add sake or sherry and salt. Process with four to five on/off motions until finely chopped. Add egg white and blend.
2. Dissolve cornstarch in water and blend into shrimp mixture
3. Spread shrimp mixture on bread slices. Cut each slice of bread into four triangles.
4. Freeze or refrigerate until just before serving.
5. In a deep fryer or deep skillet, heat oil to 375°F (190°C). Slip bread triangles into oil shrimp side down. Cook 1 to 2 minutes and turn. Cook 1 minute more, until bread is golden.
6. Remove from oil, drain on paper towel.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1751 Calories from Fat 506
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 70 g108.1%
Saturated Fat 8 g39.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 689.4 mg229.8%
Sodium 4094.8 mg170.6%
Total Carbohydrates 170 g56.6%
Dietary Fiber 10.5 g41.8%
Sugars 9.5 g
Protein 123 g246.2%
Vitamin A 26.8% Vitamin C 26.8%
Calcium 56.9% Iron 655.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet