Chinese Lemon Chicken
|Chicken breasts||4 , halved, skinned and boned|
|Chicken stock||2 3⁄4 Cup (44 tbs)|
|Chinese yellow lump sugar candy||1 Pound|
|Lemon juice||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Lemon||1 , halved lengthwise and thinly sliced|
|Onions||2 Medium, thinly sliced|
|Corn starch||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , slightly beaten|
|All purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. In a saucepan, combine chicken stock, sugar candy, lemon juice, lemon slices and salt. Heat to simmering, stirring about 10 minutes, until sugar candy is dissolved.
2. Add onions to sauce. Combine cornstarch and water; stir until smooth. Stir into lemon sauce. Cook, stirring constantly, about 3 minutes, until sauce is thickened.
3. Cut chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces.
4. Place beaten egg and flour in separate shallow dishes. Dip chicken pieces in egg and dredge with flour.
5. In a skillet, heat oil. Add chicken pieces to skillet a few at a time; cook 3 to 4 minutes. Remove to a warm platter; keep warm. Repeat with remaining chicken.
6. Place on a warm platter; pour sauce over chicken.