A simple to make sweet chicken with hoisin sauce recipe.
5 Pound, cleaned
1 Cup (16 tbs)
For the marinade
For the sauce
1. Clean the chicken from the inside, remove all the gizzard and make a clean cavity inside.
2. Place the chicken in a deep bowl and marinade the chicken with hoisin sauce, soya sauce, garlic powder, salt and sugar, coat the chicken with the marinade, inside and outside.
3. Once done place the chicken in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight.
4. Preheat the oven to 400 degree, 10 minutes before the resting time is complete.
5. Prepare a baking tray, line it with foil.
6. Bake the chicken in the preheated oven for an hour; flip the chicken after 30 minutes interval.
7. In the meantime prepare the sauce by combining in a bowl hoisin sauce, soya sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil and chili sauce, mix everything together and set aside.
8. Once the chicken is done, remove and let it rest for 10 minutes and cut the chicken into desired portion sizes.
9. Serve the sweet baked chicken with steamed rice or your favorite side dishes and drizzle the sauce all over. Enjoy!