Imperial Rolls With Hot Chinese Mustard
|Ground pork shoulder||3⁄4 Pound|
|Chopped dried mushrooms||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Arrowroot noodles||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), cut in 2-inch pieces|
|Lukewarm water||2 Tablespoon|
|Shredded carrots||3 Small|
|Shredded cabbage||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Medium, finely chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), finely chopped|
|Egg||1 , slightly beaten|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground ginger||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Spring roll wrappers||25 (25 nos, 10 inches/25 cm diameter)|
|Vegetable oil||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (to deep-fry)|
1. In a skillet, cook ground pork, stirring, until browned.
2. In a small bowl, soak mushrooms in hot water to cover for 10 minutes; drain.
3. In a separate bowl, soak noodles in lukewarm water about 10 minutes until liquid is absorbed.
4. In a large bowl, combine mushrooms, noodles, carrots, cabbage, onion, garlic, pork, egg, soy sauce and ginger. Mix well.
5. Place 2 tbsp (25 ml) of mixture on each wrapper. Fold in sides and roll up.
6. Deep-fry at 375°F (190°C) for 3 minutes; remove and place on paper towel. Deep-fry a second time about 4 minutes, until outside is golden brown. Drain on paper towel.