Stuffed Squid Cantonese
|Oil||37 Milliliter (2 1/2 Tablespoon)|
|Green onions||1 1⁄2 , chopped|
|Minced ginger||1 Teaspoon|
|Finely chopped water chestnuts||60 Milliliter (1/2 Cup)|
|Dried black mushrooms||6 , soaked and finely chopped|
|Finely chopped carrot||60 Milliliter (Or 1/2 Cup, Grated)|
|White pepper||1 Pinch|
|Broth||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Or As Needed)|
|Wine||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Ginger juice||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Soy sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Soup stock||125 Milliliter (1/2 Cup)|
|Sesame oil||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cornstarch solution||1 Teaspoon|
1. Wash squid and remove tentacles. To eviscerate, make a 1-2" (2.5-5 cm) slit at the top of each squid and remove organs.
2. Heat 2 teaspoons oil in wok over medium-high heat. Stir in green onion, ginger, water chestnuts, mushroom and carrot. Cook for 1 minute. Add salt, sugar, wine, white pepper and cornstarch. Mix well and set aside.
3. Spoon 2-3 teaspoons of vegetable mixture into each squid. Secure the open end of each squid with a toothpick. Lightly sprinkle with extra cornstarch.
4. Combine dressing sauce ingredients except cornstarch in a pan. Bring to a boil, and thicken with cornstarch solution. Keep warm.
5. In a skillet or non-stick pan, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Cook 3 squids at a time for 2 minutes. Roll squid continuously and press down to allow even cooking. Add 1 tablespoon broth, cover and steam for 1 minute over medium heat.