Chinese Chow Mein
|Chinese noodles||4 Ounce (125 Gram)|
|Sesame oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Groundnut oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Spring onion||4 , sliced|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Carrots||2 , cut into sticks|
|Cucumber piece||3 Inch, cut into sticks|
|Thin green beans||4 Ounce, halved (125 Gram)|
|Button mushrooms||4 Ounce, quartered (125 Gram)|
|Bean sprouts||4 Ounce (125 Gram, Preferably Short-Sprouted Mung Beans)|
|Chicken stock||1⁄2 Pint (300 Milliliter)|
|Dark soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
1. Cook the noodles according to packet instructions, drain and toss in the sesame oil. Set aside.
2. Heat 2 tablespoons of the groundnut oil in a wok, add the spring onions, garlic, carrots, cucumber and beans and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add the mushrooms and bean sprouts and stir-fry for 1 minute.
3. Add the stock, salt, pepper and a pinch of sugar, then cover and simmer for 2 minutes.
4. Blend the soy sauce and cornflour with a little water, stir into the vegetables and bring to a good simmer. Toss in the noodles and transfer to a warmed serving dish.
5. Heat the remaining oil in a small frying pan and make a flat soft omelette with the eggs, lightly scrambling it. Stir into the chow mein and serve immediately.