Crispy Orange Chicken
|Frying chicken pieces||3 Pound|
|Orange juice||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Cooking sherry||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Onion powder||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Garlic powder||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Ground oregano||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Crushed rosemary||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Corn flakes/1 cup corn flake crumbs||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), melted|
1. Wash chicken pieces and drain thoroughly.
2. Mix orange juice, cooking sherry and seasonings. Marinate chicken in mixture 1 hour, turning occasionally.
3. If using Corn Flakes, crush into fine crumbs.
4. Roll chicken pieces in Corn Flake Crumbs, coating on all sides. Place skin side up in shallow foil-lined baking pan; do not crowd. Drizzle chicken with melted butter.
5. Bake in moderate oven (375° F.) about 1 hour or until tender.