Whole Fish Cooked Chinese Style
|Whole fish||1 Pound, cleaned (2 Whole Fish Such As Mullet, Carp, Bream, 450 Gram)|
|Ginger root piece||1 Inch, peeled (2.5 Cm)|
|Onions spring||2 , trimmed|
|Carrot||1 , peeled|
|Ham||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Mushrooms||2 Ounce, thinly sliced (50 Gram)|
|Dry sherry||45 Milliliter (3 Tablespoon)|
|Soy sauce||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
|Sugar||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Spring onion tassels||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (For Garnish)|
1. Slash the fish skin 3 times on each side to allow for even cooking and to prevent bursting.
2. Place the fish in a shallow ovenproof dish.
3. Thinly shred the ginger, onions, carrot and ham and sprinkle these over the fish, together with the mushrooms.
4. Mix the remaining ingredients together and spoon them over the fish.
5. Cover with cling film and microwave on HIGH for 3-4 minutes per 450 g (1 lb) or until the fish is tender, turning the fish over halfway through cooking.
6. Serve garnished with spring onion tassles.