Chinese Cocktail Wings
|All purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Fine dry bread crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Spiced currant sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Cut off and discard tip of each wing at first joint; cut apart the two remaining wing parts at the joint.
2. Shape each wing part so it resembles a small drumstick by scraping all meat with a sharp knife from smaller to larger end of bone. On wing parts with two bones, remove and discard the smaller bone.
3. Mix flour, salt and pepper in shallow pan. Dip wings in flour mixture, turning to coat all sides evenly.
4. Beat egg whites in small bowl with fork until foamy. Dip wings in egg whites, then roll in crumbs, pressing to coat all sides. Place wings on wire rack and let dry 15 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, heat oil in deep fat fryer or 2-quart saucepan to 365°F. Fry wings, a few at a time, until golden, 3 to 5 minutes; turn 2 or 3 times during frying to brown evenly. Drain on paper toweling. Keep warm in 200°F oven, if desired.