Best Mandarin Pancakes
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs), unsifted|
|Boiling water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sesame oil||1 Tablespoon|
1. Place flour in a mixing bowl and make a well in the center; pour boiling water into well, stirring rapidly with chopsticks until well-blended. Let cool for 3-5 minutes. Turn dough onto a lightly floured board and knead until smooth. Cover and let rest for 30 minutes.
2. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured board and knead briefly. Roll into 1 1/2" diameter roll. Divide dough into 14-16 pieces. Roll each piece into a ball.
3. Slightly flatten all balls with palm. Brush tops of 1/2 of the balls with 1/8 teaspoon sesame oil. Top each oiled ball with another ball and gently press together. Roll each pair of balls with a rolling pin to 1/8 thick circles.
4. Heat skillet or non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Lightly oil the pan with 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil. Brown each pancake 30-45 seconds on each side, moving pan constantly.
5. Immediately separate cooked pancakes by throwing firmly onto a clean counter and peeling the layers apart. Keep warm.
6. Continue to cook remaining pancakes in sesame oil until all are cooked. Seal in aluminum foil and steam over high heat for 20-25 minutes.