Deep Fried Stuffed Lotus Root
|Lotus root||2 Pound (Filling for lotus root)|
|Egg||1 (Filling for lotus root)|
|Frying oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For frying)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Filling for lotus root)|
|Flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Filling for lotus root)|
|Salt||Teaspoon (Filling for lotus root)|
1. Prepare the filling below and let it cool slightly.
2. Peel lotus root and cut in 1/8 inch slices.
3. Spread filling evenly over one slice; then cover, sandwich-style, with a second slice. Repeat until done.
4. Beat egg together with water; then blend in flour and salt to make a batter. Dip lotus root sandwiches in batter to coat. Let dry a few minutes; then dip in batter again.
5. Heat oil; add sandwiches a few at a time, and deep-fry until golden. Drain on paper toweling and serve.