Stir Fried Minced Fish And Chinese Turnip
|Chinese white turnip||1 Pound|
|Fish fillet||1 Pound|
|Fresh ginger root slices||1|
|Raw peanuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||1 Teaspoon|
1. Peel Chinese turnip and parboil until cooked through but still crunchy (about 3 minutes); then shred.
2. Mince fish; then blend well with egg white, cornstarch, sherry, salt and pepper.
3. Mince scallion stalk and ginger root. Mince or grind peanuts.
4. Heat oil. Add parboiled turnip and stir-fry 2 to 3 minutes. Add soy sauce, sugar and remaining salt; stir-fry a few times. Transfer mixture to a serving dish and keep warm.
5. Heat remaining oil. Add minced scallion and ginger root; stir-fry a few times. Add minced fish mixture and stir-fry only to heat through Add remaining sherry; stir-fry 1 minute more.
6. Arrange fish over turnips. Garnish with peanuts and serve.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1591 Calories from Fat 917
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 107 g163.9%
Saturated Fat 15.7 g78.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 280 mg93.3%
Sodium 1659.1 mg69.1%
Total Carbohydrates 40 g13.4%
Dietary Fiber 14 g56%
Sugars 17.4 g
Protein 121 g242.7%
Vitamin A 3% Vitamin C 171.2%
Calcium 41.8% Iron 45.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet