Deep Fried Squab
|Soy sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
|Head of lettuce||1⁄2|
1. With a cleaver, chop each squab in quarters. Place in a bowl.
2. Combine soy sauce and sherry, then rub into skin. Let stand 30 minutes, turning occasionally. Drain, discarding marinade.
3. Heat oil. Add squabs, a few pieces at a time, and deep-fry 1 minute. Drain on paper toweling. Let cool slightly.
4. Reheat oil and return squab sections. Deep-fry, turning frequently, until crisp and golden. Drain again on paper toweling.
5. Cut lettuce in strips and arrange on a serving platter. Arrange squab over lettuce.