Deep Fried Squab
|Soy sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
|Head of lettuce||1⁄2|
1. With a cleaver, chop each squab in quarters. Place in a bowl.
2. Combine soy sauce and sherry, then rub into skin. Let stand 30 minutes, turning occasionally. Drain, discarding marinade.
3. Heat oil. Add squabs, a few pieces at a time, and deep-fry 1 minute. Drain on paper toweling. Let cool slightly.
4. Reheat oil and return squab sections. Deep-fry, turning frequently, until crisp and golden. Drain again on paper toweling.
5. Cut lettuce in strips and arrange on a serving platter. Arrange squab over lettuce.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4022 Calories from Fat 2985
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 332 g510.6%
Saturated Fat 107.2 g535.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1140 mg380%
Sodium 4836 mg201.5%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.4%
Dietary Fiber 4.5 g17.8%
Sugars 2.8 g
Protein 228 g455.3%
Vitamin A 305.3% Vitamin C 187.2%
Calcium 21.6% Iron 251.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet