Stir Fried Abalone With Chicken And Asparagus
|Canned abalone||15 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Chicken breast||1 Small|
|Bamboo shoots||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Asparagus||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Abalone liquid||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Stock||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Drain canned abalone and cut in l inch cubes. Reserve liquid. Bone and skin chicken breast, then dice. Slice bamboo shoots.
2. Cut fresh asparagus in l-inch sections. Parboil until tender but still crisp.
3. In a bowl, combine abalone liquid, stock, sherry, sugar and salt. In a cup, blend cornstarch and cold water to a paste.
4. Heat oil. Add chicken cubes and stir-fry until they lose their pinkness. Add abalone and bamboo shoots; stir-fry only to heat through (about 1 minute).
5. Add asparagus sections, then stock-sherry mixture. Bring to a boil, stirring gently.
6. Stir in cornstarch paste to thicken and serve at once.