Healthy Chinese Winter Melon Soup
|Winter melon||1 Kilogram (center portion)|
|Pork rib||1 Kilogram|
|Dried red date||25|
1. Wash the melon, remove the melon’s skin, seeds and the pulp. Cut into 2.5-inch pieces
2. Soak the dried red date in a bowl of water for about 15 minutes until soften
3. Place the winter melon and red date in a pot of water(2L) and bring it to boil. Simmer about 15 - 20 minutes
4. (Concurrently) In order to have a clear soup, cook the pork ribs in a separate pot of boiling water for about 10 - 15 minutes before placing them into the pot with the winter melon.
5. Simmer the soup for another 40 minutes then. Before serving add in the salt for seasoning. Serve it while hot.