Pan Fried Shrimp Cakes With Chinese Cabbage
|Fresh ginger root slices||1|
|Chinese cabbage||1 Pound|
1. Shell and devein shrimp; then mince or grind with water chestnuts, scallion stalk and ginger root.
2. Beat egg and blend into mixture, along with cornstarch, salt, pepper and stock. Form into cakes, as in step 2 above.
3. Heat oil. Pan-fry shrimp cakes over medium heat until cooked through and golden on each side. Remove from pan.
4. Meanwhile cut Chinese cabbage stems in i-inch sections and blanch.
5. Heat remaining oil. Add remaining salt, then Chinese cabbage. Stir-fry to cook through (about 2 minutes). Return shrimp cakes; cook, covered, only to reheat.