Pan Fried Shrimp Cakes With Chinese Cabbage
|Fresh ginger root slices||1|
|Chinese cabbage||1 Pound|
1. Shell and devein shrimp; then mince or grind with water chestnuts, scallion stalk and ginger root.
2. Beat egg and blend into mixture, along with cornstarch, salt, pepper and stock. Form into cakes, as in step 2 above.
3. Heat oil. Pan-fry shrimp cakes over medium heat until cooked through and golden on each side. Remove from pan.
4. Meanwhile cut Chinese cabbage stems in i-inch sections and blanch.
5. Heat remaining oil. Add remaining salt, then Chinese cabbage. Stir-fry to cook through (about 2 minutes). Return shrimp cakes; cook, covered, only to reheat.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1463 Calories from Fat 877
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 99 g152.4%
Saturated Fat 13.4 g66.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 689.7 mg229.9%
Sodium 2036.3 mg84.8%
Total Carbohydrates 38 g12.5%
Dietary Fiber 7 g27.9%
Sugars 5.7 g
Protein 102 g203.8%
Vitamin A 424.7% Vitamin C 363.5%
Calcium 72.5% Iron 93.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet