Chinese Tomato Beef
|Beef steak||2 Pound (Sirloin, Round, Flank, Or Chuck)|
|Soy sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Salad oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Green peppers||2 Large, cut into strips|
|Green onions||3 , cut in 1 inch pieces|
|Tomatoes||2 Large, peeled and cut in wedges|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Slice steak diagonally across the grain in 1/8 inch-thick slices. Meat will slice easier if placed in the freezer 30 minutes.
2. In a 2-cup glass measure, combine sugar, soy sauce, garlic, and ginger. Pour over meat in a 9-inch baking dish. Marinate at least 30 minutes, turning meat occasionally.
3. Preheat browning dish 6 minutes. Remove meat from marinade; reserve marinade. Add oil and meat to dish. Fry meat 5 to 6 minutes in microwave oven,stirring halfway through cooking time. Drain cooking juices into marinade.
4. Stir green pepper and onion into meat. Cook 3 to 4 minutes, stirring halfway through cooking time. Top with tomato wedges.
5. In a 1-cup glass measure, combine cornstarch and water, and blend with marinade. Cook 1 to 2 minutes, stirring halfway through cooking time, until thickened. Pour over meat and vegetables and heat 1 to 2 minutes.
6. Rest 5 minutes and serve over hot fluffy rice.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2139 Calories from Fat 863
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 97 g148.7%
Saturated Fat 20.6 g102.8%
Trans Fat 2.3 g
Cholesterol 553.4 mg184.5%
Sodium 7783.5 mg324.3%
Total Carbohydrates 102 g34%
Dietary Fiber 13.2 g52.7%
Sugars 51.2 g
Protein 211 g422.5%
Vitamin A 116.1% Vitamin C 589.6%
Calcium 17.4% Iron 158.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet