In this installment, the Geeky Gourmet aims to please with a touch o' Chinese (sort of). Namely, his patented Sesame Chicken with Asian Salad
Boneless skinless chicken breasts
1⁄2 , torn in small pieces
Ice berg lettuce
1⁄4 , torn in small pieces
Julienne cut carrot
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
Canned mandarin orange segments
14 Ounce, drained
Asian salad dressing
2 Tablespoon (or more)
Crisp chowmein noodles
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
2. In a microwave or on stove top, heat the honey until warm.
3. In oven proof bowl, place the chicken breast and brush with honey on all sides.
4. In a bowl, mix together sesame seeds, garlic powder and black pepper powder.
5. Sprinkle the sesame mixture over chicken and bake in oven for 30 minutes or until light brown on top
6. In a bowl, put all the ingredients for Asian salad, and toss well to coat with dressing.
7. Cut the chicken breast in slices and serve with Asian salad.